Copy Of Edinburgh to Kirkcaldy

Distance

33.99

miles

Bike Ride

CLIMB
287 ft

Begins in:
Edinburgh And Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Created By:
shapingthings
Description:
50km route from Edinburgh to Kirkcaldy following the National Cycle Network 1 and 76. The whole route is very well marked. IT begins at the Meadows and uses quiet streets to Fountainpark and joins the NCN 1. This will take you to South Queensferry and the Forth Road Bridge which has lanes on both sides completely segregated from traffic which are shared by cyclists and pedestrians and offers a magnificent view of the Forth Rail Bridge. After crossing the forth you must join the NCN 76 at Inverkeithing and ride the next 15km following the coast with nice views of the forth and Edinburgh. Pass the towns of Dalgety Bay, Aberdour, Burntisland and hilly part begins when you reach Kinghorn but the view is rewarding. From there is all the way down to Kirkcaldy. This route is about 80% traffic-free but the other 20% are quiet roads.
Type:
Bike Ride

Share:

Please wait while we load elevation data for this map.
Download Data Learn About Climb Ratings

Climb Details

Rating Start/End Points Length Start/End Elevation Avg Grade
Cat 5 27.63 mi/30.74 mi 3.12 mi 19 ft/329 ft 1.9%

Courses on Route

Get Support